I am beyond blessed to be a part of the teaching profession and I firmly believe in the importance of ensuring every child is given the support, guidance, and resources necessary to grow into their fullest potential; where every student is motivated to take their learning into their own hands – to strive to be challenged, to persevere through difficulties, and to understand their worth and those of others in the world. I also want each of my students to feel loved and appreciated and to have a teacher, like myself, that is driven to create an education that fits each child’s individual needs so they can succeed in their aspirations. As an educator I am dedicated to promoting student growth in all areas of their life so that they can understand their unique importance to their community and the world.
Facts About Me
- I grew up in Denmark, WI and am a proud Packers fan!
- I graduated from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities in 2011 with a Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education. I have also completed Master’s work within all of the core curriculum areas (Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies) including work with ESL students.
- I have five brothers and four sisters who all live in the Twin Cities, Green Bay, and Milwaukee areas.
- I LOVE going to sporting events (GO Packers!!), reading fun, new books for my students to enjoy and those for my own professional development, and playing softball.
- I recently began taking an interest to running (which is not like me!) and have run in the Bellin and a Mud Run.